• chevron_right I have lost my Association dues statement or coupon book, where do I send my payment?
    Payments are made payable to Your Community, then mailed to:
              [Community Name]          
              c/o Trio HOA Mgmt. Processing Center
               P.O Box 93683
               Las Vegas, NV 89193-3683
  • chevron_rightDo I have to become a member of the Homeowner’s Association?
    Yes. You cannot live in a neighborhood that is a Homeowners Association without belonging to the Organization. One reason developments have Associations is to keep the homes in the Community looking nice. If some households do not obey the rules, it would make the Homeowners Association ineffective.
  • chevron_rightWhat is a Homeowners Association?
    The Association is a legal corporation organized and incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas. The Association has Articles of Incorporation that entitle the Association to exercise the powers of a corporation. By purchasing a home within your Community Association, you will automatically become a member of the Association and will remain so for a long as you own your home. Membership in the Association is mandatory and is automatic for all owners. The deed to each lot/and or parcel specifically designates that the property owner will comply with the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&R’s) of the Association. During a home purchase, the Title Company should provide buyers with a copy of the CC&R’s. As a property owner in a Community Association, you will be required to pay assessments, abide by the Community’s rules (CC&R’s) and Restrictions, and maintain those areas of your home for which you are responsible. You may also acquire CC&R’s on your community website.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the purpose of the Board of Directors?
    The Board of Directors (Board) is responsible for maintaining the assets of the Community, ensuring the financial health of the Association, determining the level of services, and establishing policies and/or rules and regulations governing the use of the common areas. The Board has a fiduciary responsibility to do what is in the best interest of the Association and to provide leadership in Community affairs as dictated by the Governing Documents. This includes timely collection of assessments as well as payments made for services provided to the Association. In general, the Board Members are the decision makers for the Association. In general, the Board Members are made up of individual homeowners who own property within the Association and who are elected to that position by the members of the Association. The Board of Directors governs all affairs of the Homeowners Association.
  • chevron_rightWhat power does the Board of Directors have?
    By law, corporations must have a Board of Directors. The powers delegated to the boards generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
    • Manage the Association;
    • Adopt and enforce the rules and regulations;
    • Enforce the CC&R’s and Bylaws;
    • Contract for services;
    • Levy and collect regular assessments;
    • Levy and collect special assessments;
    • Levy and collect emergency special assessments;
    • Pay expenses incurred by the association;
    • Prepare and adopt budgets;
    • Contract for Repair and maintenance of common areas;
    • Make sure that the Association has Insurance;
    • Disburse Reserve money;
    • Call membership meetings and appoint inspectors of election;
    • Appoint and remove officers;
    • Appoint directors to fill vacancies;
    • Establish and dissolve committees;
    • Initiate and defend litigation.
  • chevron_rightWho can run for the Board of Directors? How do I run?
    Generally, any member of the Association may run for the Board of Directors. Homeowners can contact the Management Company prior to the Annual Business meeting to be placed on the ballot, or nominations can be placed from the floor during the Annual Business meeting.
  • chevron_right Does Trio HOA Management share my personal information?
    We will not, without your express consent, share your personal information to any third party or other homeowner in your Community for theirs or any other third party’s direct communication. Privacy Policy
  • chevron_rightCan I get addresses or phone numbers for the Board of Directors?
    The Board of Directors make all decisions for your Association. However, your Board of Directors is a volunteer position and receives no compensation for the jobs that they perform. Trio HOA Management represents the Board and Your Association, which entails being a contact for all communication addressed to the Board.
  • chevron_rightDo I have to fill out an Architectural Application?
    Yes, you have to fill out an Architectural Application. Planned development Governing Documents usually require Association approval for improvements and alterations that:
    1. Change any Common area;
    2. Involves the construction of new structures or additions, including fences, walls, pools, spas, balconies, patios, patio enclosures, screens, tents, awnings, window air conditions, exterior shutters, exterior antennas, or exterior wiring;
    3. Changes the appearance of the exterior elements of existing structures including paint, siding and roofing;
    4. Changes the appearance of existing landscaping visible form the common area or other lots;
    5. Obstructs the view from another lot or from the common area; or
    6. Interferes with the water supply, sewage, or drainage systems.
    Refer to your Governing documents for further details.
  • chevron_rightHow can I contact my Community Association Manager?
    You may contact your Community Association Manager by email at contact@triohoa.com or by phone at 1-888-874-1978. Your concern must be in writing then your request will be sent to the Board of Directors.
  • chevron_rightHow can I contact the Board of Directors?
    Homeowners can send an email to your Community Association Manager by emailing contact@triohoa.com. Please address your concerns or issues and indicate your community name in the Subject Line. Your email will be sent to the Board of Directors. You can also attend regular Board Meetings for your Association.
  • chevron_rightHow do I settle a dispute with my neighbor?
    Unless the problem is causing a common area problem or a direct violation, homeowner disputes should be settled between the parties involved. Your Board is not in place to serve as referee between neighbors. Talk to your neighbor; hopefully, the problem can be easily resolved to the satisfaction of both parties with no hard feelings and with the use of open communication between the parties.
  • chevron_rightWhat does Trio HOA Management do?
    Trio HOA Management was contracted by the Board of Directors to facilitate the Board’s vision for the Association. We do not make decisions on behalf of the Board, but the Board does delegate most of the administrative tasks of managing the common areas and the community as a whole. We provide services such as: Preparing Financial statements, collecting the assessments, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, coordinating contractual work and/or supervising subcontractors, problem solving, communicating with homeowners and the Board of Directors, as well as serving as an advisor. Trio HOA Management reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board members. Trio HOA Management may be reached online through the Management office page or by the contact information under the Contact Us page.
  • chevron_rightWhat happens if owners make alterations or improvements without the required approval?
    When an owner begins alterations or improvements without required Association approval, he/she is subject to a variety of penalties under the Governing Documents and the law. At a minimum, the Association can order the owner to immediately cease all work and restore any altered areas to their original state. If the owner does not comply, the Association can perform the restoration and assess the costs against the owner. The Board has the power to undertake these actions, but may delegate responsibility to an officer, committee, or professional manager provided the Board retains final authority. If the Association does not act, it may find it more difficult to enforce similar restrictions in the future.
    Each Association should have written policies for discovering and responding to violations of alteration restrictions. These should include:
    1. The right to enter any unit or lot, following reasonable notice, to inspect all construction, whether or not approval was required or granted;
    2. A requirement that the Association notify the owner of the violation in writing, and order the owner to cease work and restore the altered area within a prescribed time period;
    3. A procedure for the owner to obtain a hearing before the Board if the owner wishes to argue that approval was not required, or that the work complies with an approval that the owner obtained; and
    4. A requirement that if the owner fails to remedy the situation by the deadline, the Association must undertake the work and assess the costs against the owner; refer to your community documents.
  • chevron_rightWho maintains things that are on the border of two or more lots?
    Maintenance responsibility for elements on the border of lots within a planned development (often called “party walls”) is determined by the governing documents or, where the documents are silent on the issue, by general rules of law. In most cases, each of the bordering lot owners is responsible for a percentage of the cost, which reflects the extent to which the element serves his/her lot. Any of the bordering lot owners can undertake necessary maintenance, and recover the appropriate share of the costs from the other bordering lot owners.
  • chevron_rightWhy is my Community Association Manager not always available when I call the Management office?
    Your Community Association Manager performs many tasks for your Association, as well as other Associations, and sometimes these tasks require them to be away from the office. These duties may include, but are not limited to:
    1. Property inspections,
    2. Meeting with vendors, Board Members, etc.
    There are also times when the Community Association Manager is in the office but is unavailable because they are on the phone conducting business with other homeowners, vendors, or Board Members.
    We pride ourselves on having a well trained staff that, in many cases, may be able to assist you in the event that your Community Association Manager is unavailable. If you are able to leave your request or question with the person that assists you on the phone, they can often get back to you before a manager is available!